We're in search of a Member Services Coordinator
Located in Chagrin Falls Ohio, the Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce is in search of a creative, energetic, dedicated Member Services Coordinator. The Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce has come to be known as a leader amongst other Chambers, and an example of how to maximize value for its members and the communities over the past decade. More than 550+ members strong, the CVCC offers an array of programs to help area business owners improve their bottom line. We are open to anyone, anywhere who seeks the many benefits of membership. It is our mission to promote and enhance a strong business, community and economic environment in the Chagrin Valley.
WHY WORK AT THE CHAGRIN VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
You're looking for an opportunity to work for an amazing organization that exists to support local small businesses and the communities we serve.
You are a creative, out of the box thinker, versatile and can quickly adapt to change.
You have a great personality, enjoy meeting new people, and offer assistance in any way possible.
You pay attention to detail, take initiative and approach work with a sense of ownership.
Sound like you? Read on for more details!
Title: Member Services Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Objective: Perform office and event duties that support effective chamber services and activities.
Required Skills: ·
The ideal professional for this role will possess:
- Background in administrative, marketing, social media coordination, event planning.
- Creativity and strategic thinking.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business members.
- Advanced office-related technology skills deemed essential at the time of hire.
- Flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts responsibility for personal decisions/conduct.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills with an understanding of various audiences.
- Perform operational duties and ancillary duties that facilitate the timely attainment of chamber objectives:
- Prepare documents using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Canva, Flipsnack, other.
- Manage the Chamber’s Constant Contact email system.
- Implement Chamber marketing plan.
- Assist in event planning for the Chamber.
- Support management of Social Media.
- Maintain an effective records management system. File and retrieve information.
- Complete assigned tasks within required time-frames.
- Work collaboratively.
- Greet office visitors. Offer assistance. Promote membership.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Sort/distribute mail. Prepare photocopies. Scan documents.
- Manage/update chamber website information.
- Coordinate preparations for meetings. Attend meetings to transcribe minutes.
- Assist with special projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Exemplify professionalism. Foster goodwill to enhance the Chamber’s public image:
- Contribute to an effective working environment. Perform all aspects of the job.
- Function as part of a cohesive team.
- Develop mutually respectful relationships with co-workers and members.
- Keep an acceptable attendance record and be punctual.
- Maintain a professional appearance. Wear work attire appropriate for the position.
- Respect privacy. Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintain open/effective communications and serve as a reliable information resource:
- Provide prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
- Seek clarification when directives are unclear.
- Use active listening/problem-solving techniques.
- Respect diversity.
- Resolve issues tactfully.
- Help Executive Director manage risks:
- Maintain high standards for appropriate conduct.
- Take action to address harassment and/or aggressive behavior.
- Comply with administrative directives and federal/state laws when dealing with discrimination or inappropriate behavior.
- Perform other specific job-related duties as directed:
- Help implement workplace initiatives that advance organizational goals.
- 40 hours a week, M-F (Some evening/weekend events, but hours adjusted accordingly).
- Salary and retirement package based on experience. Paid vacation.
The Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. This document identifies typical job functions and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible work duties. Employee performance is evaluated according to Chamber policy.