Facilities & Maintenance Associate
Open Position: Facilities & Maintenance Associate – Huntsburg Campus
Reports to: Facilities Manager
When Needed: Fall, 2021
Hershey Montessori School is seeking an energetic and dedicated Facilities/Maintenance Associate to join our staff starting immediately. This role is essential for supporting and maintaining the facilities and keeping the Huntsburg Campus operational. Our ideal candidate is a trusted, dependable self-starter who can work independently and efficiently with limited supervision and perform with a team when warranted. This individual would come to work on time and as scheduled and with a positive demeanor. The facilities role can be part-time (30-32 hours per week) or full-time (40 hours per week) and includes medical plan participation. Benefits can include on-campus housing with utilities and wi-fi provided. Residence on campus is preferred, but not Eligible for tuition remission if the candidate's children are placed in a Montessori program at the school.
- Perform routine preventative inspections on machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Operate and troubleshoot HVAC system.
- Maintain and install plumbing systems and equipment.
- Install electrical services, equipment, repair or replace wiring and fixtures per code.
- Construct walls and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures, using power equipment and typical carpenter’s tools.
- Paint walls, install and repair flooring, woodwork, and fixtures.
- Perform general grounds keeping duties, as needed, such as mowing lawns, trimming/edging walkways, pruning shrubs/trees, shoveling snow, cleaning and snaking drainage ditches, culverts, and exterior drains.
- Operate mowers, tractors, and other motorized equipment.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and switch priorities when necessary.
- Perform other work as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Cleaning of work areas.
- May assist with farm animal care.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing a variety of maintenance functions, preferred but not required. Open to training.
- Skilled in the use of hand tools with basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical school or formal training in a trade preferred (or work equivalent)
- Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC certification a plus.
- Maintains a current and valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical exam.
- Must pass the Ohio BCI/FBI background checks.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Ability to shovel snow, soil, and gravel, and climb ladders, scaffolds, and stairs.
- Ability to regularly walk, stand, bend, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Flexibility to provide coverage at Concord Township campus, as needed.
Who We Are:
Hershey Montessori is an internationally recognized day and boarding independent school located in Northeast Ohio. Our campus in Concord, Ohio educates children from infancy to 12 years of age. The adolescent campus in Huntsburg, Ohio serves grades 7-12 and has a working farm with barns and a greenhouse, residential housing, indoor and outdoor learning environments, and classroom buildings on 97 acres of predominantly wooded land. As students interact on the farm and in their local community, they understand how society is organized and learn relationships between economic systems of labor. Compassion, diplomacy, and collaboration skills are developed through experiencing human interdependence. Relationships with animals, plants and the planet are also emphasized, as the importance of sustainability is personally experienced. Students come from all over the world to engage in Hershey Montessori’s unique school. We welcome culturally knowledgeable candidates who desire to be a part of a community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and who are mindful of equity and social justice.
Please visit our website ( www.hershey-montessori.org ) to learn more about our school.
At this time, we are continuing to wear masks indoors in common areas and practicing social distancing. COVID vaccinations required (if not already vaccinated).
Please send a resume, references, and a cover letter sharing with us why you are interested in and qualified for this position to HR@hershey-montessori.org.
Hershey Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.