Sirna's - hiring Sous-Chef!
Sirna's Now Hiring: Sous Chef
Job Posting: Sous Chef
Place of Work: Sirna’s: Chagrin Falls / Geauga County
Contact: Craig Sirna, Owner of Sirna’s, email@example.com
Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Sirna’s (please no calls)
Pay: Pay $14 - $20/ hr., determined by qualifications
Hours: 30-35 hours a week with flexibility. No late nights. Sirna’s is closed on all major holidays.
Job / Location BackgroundThe Sirna Family has owned and operated a farm in Auburn Township since 1997. In 2013 they purchased “the little pizza shop” at the corner of East Washington Street and 44. In 2019 they expanded their takeout only restaurant by building of a new location across the street from their original set up. Sirna’s expansion includes approximately 3200 sq. ft. with interior and seasonal patio seating, an expanded menu and local beer and wine.
The menu offering includes stone baked gourmet pizzas and Italian fare, with a focus on seasonal, local produce from their family farm. In addition to the menu Sirna’s features nightly specials and a seasonal menu accompaniment.
Sirna’s is a great place to work with an emphasis on family values and a healthy work – life balance, great staff culture and competitive pay.
Position SummarySirna’s is seeking a Sous Chef to lead and manage their kitchen. This position requires both culinary and managerial skills to help develop the restaurant, menu and staff. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the development phase of Sirna’s expansion, which in turn provides opportunity for growth and partnership within the restaurant.
Sirna’s supports this position through a collaborative and empowered work environment, perfect for a creative self-starter and strong performer. Willingness to collaborate, learn and/or take direction as well as write and uphold procedures and processes is crucial for success. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated to multitask and keep busy during the workday, have strong communication and organizational skills, an attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities and DutiesIn this role, the Sous Chef responsibilities (many in collaboration with the Executive Chef) will include:
- Menu Development & Preparation
- Develop new menu items based on seasonal ingredients and customer demand
- Create tasting menus for clients interested in special events and catering (wedding, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.)
- Assist owner with menu pricing and profit maximization
- Stage and take photos of specials and menu items to support marketing collateral, online presence and social media
- Prepare all menu items with integrity, visual appeal and attention to detail in a timely fashion
- Restaurant and Staff Oversight
- Train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement and plating of dishes per the menu
- Lead by example as a team player and support entire kitchen staff, which is expected of all employees at Sirna’s
- Assist, as needed, with minimal FOH responsibilities during downtime
- Kitchen Management
- Track, record and manage food costs and inventories
- Weekly ordering of product and receiving of deliveries including distributing payments to vendors and contractors
- Cross-train kitchen staff on multiple stations; Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Oversee that the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door *emphasis on COVID related amendments to food safety and safe handling procedures*
- Maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production
- Line Cook, kitchen or culinary experience in a full-service restaurant
- Two-year degree or culinary school / certification, preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
- High level of creativity, reliability and follow-through
- Experience with menu costing procedures
- Must be a collaborative and creative self-starter that embodies teamwork, and able to work with a diverse staff of all ages
- Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com or drop at Sirna’s located at 11773 East Washington Street in Auburn
- If offered an interview, please prepare a list of 3 references
- We are ready to onboard new staff immediately
- Sirna’s will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found
- Menu Development & Preparation
Chagrin Chamber Live Cam