This position will be responsible for providing administrative support in an independent, nearly paperless, medical office, directly assisting one integrative pain medicine physician with the daily tasks associated with the practice. Those tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients and their family members with a courteous and friendly demeanor, including providing general support to visitors.
- Scheduling and coordinating patient care via telephone, text and email.
- Registration and maintenance of sensitive patient information via the medical record, both in electronic and paper forms.
- Contacting referring physician offices and healthcare systems for additional documentation and imaging, as directed.
- Collecting payment from patients receiving medical services and/or purchasing medical supplies.
- Monitoring and maintaining office and medical supplies inventory.
- Turning over the examination room and assisting in procedures.
The ideal candidate would have the following credentials/skills:
- Keen interest in being part of a team growing an integrative pain medicine practice.
- A successful track record of progressive experience within the healthcare industry. 1-3 years of experience in a medical office/environment (required).
- Associates degree or other applicable vocational training (preferred)
- An above average aptitude when it comes to electronic abilities and computer troubleshooting skills. Basic knowledge of EMR/EHR and PACS systems (preferred)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent multitasking and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and independent worker who learns quickly.
- As the face of the practice, has above average communication skills with the ability to market the practice.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME WHEN APPLYING