Apparel Technical Designer
Arborwear is searching for an exceptional Apparel Technical Designer to join our Product Development team. In this position, we are looking for an individual who is passionate about fit, function and quality. This position will support our efforts to elevate and break new ground in the development of the high-quality branded apparel for the Arborwear clientele.
- Own all technical responsibilities for the Arborwear brand of apparel and will lead and execute the technical design process for all categories.
- Build and maintain all written final specification packages for size specs, construction details and product specifications. This includes technical sketches, graded measurements and construction details to reflect optimum fit in a PLM based system.
- Lead all fit sessions on live models and manage outcomes to improve product fit and ensure fit consistency across all apparel; translate fit data accurately and concisely to a technical package.
- Identify and improve fit and quality issues proactively to ensure Brand quality standards and integrity
Competencies & Skills:
- Superior technical skills: knowledge of PPE Garment assessment a plus.
- Expertise to take full ownership of multiple product categories: Woven Tops and Bottoms, Knit Tops and Bottoms, Outerwear.
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction, fabric characteristics, garment performance standards and pattern making specific to male and female apparel.
- Expertise in building technical packages.
- Experience fitting on live models and body forms.
- Demonstrable work ethic.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to use independent judgement in meeting objectives within set timelines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner: gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Effective in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Desire to continuously build upon knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others.
- Positive team attitude, high energy, and eager to learn and work in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment.
- Sense of humor and fun.
- Bonus if you love trees.
- BA/BS Degree from a Fashion Design or Fashion Merchandising program or Certification in Pattern-making/Apparel manufacturing.
- 2 to 4 years of proven Technical Design and Pattern-making experience in the apparel industry.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of a commitment to deliver product excellence.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive suite.
- Knowledge of PLM software a plus.
- Previous factory travel a plus.
To apply for this FULL-TIME position, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Apparel Technical Designer in the subject line. Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits available.
Arborwear outfits green industry professionals with appropriate uniform solutions and protective workwear to ensure safety, enhance brands, enable comfort, and endure all work and weather conditions. Our company is built with honesty and hard work. Our people are humble, happy, and helpful.
Read on about our Vision and Values: https://arborwear.com/page/our-vision-and-values
Arborwear “Hi Five” Core Values:
We’re solution providers. We bring shirts to backs, pants to legs, and answers to questions.
We’re service driven. We are committed to quality, utility, responsibility, and sustainability.
We’re better makers. We’re passionate and driven to improve our products, partnerships, and selves.
We’re fun. We enjoy working together as a family. We’re high spirited and good humored.
We’re huggers. Friends and trees. We welcome new friends and new adventures with open arms.
We’re confident. We bring our true selves. We are accountable for our own satisfaction.
We’re together. We celebrate successes and shoulder failures as a team.
We’re respectful. We coach not command and manage not mandate.
We’re modest. We choose frugal over fancy. We’re extravagant with gratitude.
We’re trustworthy. We’re courageous about doing things right. We respect safety and loathe
We’re transparent. We’re candid about our decisions and how we’re doing. We learn from mistakes.
We’re authentic. We’re genuine about who we are and what we believe. We have high standards.
We’re ambitious. Our sleeves are permanently rolled up. Our hands get dirty no matter title or tenure.
We’re gritty. We’re brave and bold. We push and persevere. We don’t wait or whimper.
We’re active. We don’t let the dust settle; and we won’t settle for the status quo.
Learn more about Arborwear by visiting arborwear.com.
Chagrin Chamber Live Cam