We are proud to be a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace three years in a row:
2020, 2021, 2022!
?We have a dynamic and inclusive culture! Apply at www.beechbrook.org!
Do you have a passion for helping at-risk children when and where they need it most…in their schools, homes, and neighborhoods? Are you looking for a position with flexibility and independence where you can use your creativity and enthusiasm? Join a team that helps young children build strengths, learn skills, and increase social supports so they grow up to be healthy and happy children.
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio’s premier mental health agencies, is hiring for our Early Childhood program. Early Childhood Therapists provide in-home, family-focused, mental health help for children ages 0 to 6 as well as support adults in childcare centers by providing consultations to help prevent children from being expelled due to their behavior.
Early Childhood Therapist Case Manager - Full, Part Time, or PRN Benefits:
- $4,000 Sign On/Retention Bonus for Full-time employees (Pro-rated for past employees)
- Flexible schedule, some services can be offered via telehealth
- Paid vacation days in addition to sick and personal days
- 11 company holidays
- Generous incentive plan
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (health insurance options available for a variety of personal situations and budgets; free health care option)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Mileage, cell phone, tuition, and relocation reimbursement
Education and Licensure requirements:
- Master’s Degree; LSW, LPC
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Conduct Technical Assistance classroom observations and develop care plans to assist teachers with child- specific strategies to modify behavior and implement in classroom setting. Participate in transition meetings for children moving into kindergarten.
- Provide trainings for childcare providers addressing social/emotional needs in the classroom.
- Provide home-based consultation and/or therapy to at-risk families with children ages 0-6 who present with/without mental health diagnoses. Conduct mental health assessments, diagnose, and develop treatment plans as appropriate.
- Provide monthly/bimonthly Mental Health Classroom Consultations for StepForward childcare sites
- Refer, link and advocate for families to internal and external services
- Partner with both internal and external service providers in implementing and evaluating client/family progress
- Develop effective relationships and function well as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- An ability to successfully engage families of diverse cultures/communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage a full caseload
- Ability to work within a team approach
- Basic computer skills. Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), and must have established internet access
- Must have a valid OH driver’s license with no more than 5 points and availability to work with clients during nontraditional office hours.
- One or more years of experience working with at-risk children ages 0-6 and their families
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
- LSW, PC
- Knowledge of the DECA, DC 0-5, DSM 5
- Knowledge of Early Childhood and family community resources
- Experience with electronic medical records documentation such as progress notes, treatment plans and other necessary clinical documentation.
*Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer and a place where people are proud to work. As a “Trauma Informed Care” organization, we value our employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to our clients and staff. We employ the best people where staff feel valued, empowered, connected, inspired and part of something meaningful. We inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun!