School Based Social Worker - Chardon Schools ProgramWe are proud to be a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace three years in a row: 2020, 2021, 2022!
?We Have a Dynamic and Inclusive Culture! Apply at www.beechbrook.org !
- Chardon School Social Worker/Counselor
- Chardon, Ohio
- Part Time 16-24 hours/week for 10 months during the school year.
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio's premier behavioral health agencies, is currently hiring a Social Worker/Counselor to add to our team in our Chardon Schools Program. This position will work closely with educational staff to provide behavioral and mental health support for students grades pre-k through 12th, grade. This position will work closely with our Special Education department to ensure students are receiving the necessary services to support their success. Services may include individual and small group support, family coordination, collaboration with community agencies, and consultation with staff. This position will also support district initiatives and new program development.
· Provide individual and small group support for identified students
· Provide support and teaching of skills for students with individualized educational plans, including monitoring progress of skill development.
· Support and coordination with families/guardians
· Collaboration with community agencies on behalf of students or district program initiatives
· Consultation and coordination with school staff and administration on students
· Participates in program development and district initiatives
Education and Licenses: Bachelor's or master's degree. Licensed in Ohio with an LSW/LISW or LPC/LPCC.
· Experience working with school age youth and families.
· Strong clinical assessment skills
· Skilled at relationship building
· Knowledge of trauma responses
· Ability to work independently and part of a team
Beech Brook is a trauma-informed care organization that values employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to the agency's clients and staff. Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer.