We are proud to be a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace three years in a row: 2020, 2021, 2022!
?We Have a Dynamic and Inclusive Culture! Apply at www.beechbrook.org !
Do you have a passion for helping at-risk children right when and where they need it most…in their schools, homes and neighborhoods?
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio’s premier mental health agencies, is hiring a Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist in our School-Based Behavioral Health Program. This position will provide community-based intervention to at-risk youth who have emotional, psychological, behavioral and/or trauma-based issues. This position requires the specialist to perform interventions with children, youth, and families in school, home, and community-based settings.
This position offers a generous incentive plan, and reasonable expectations!
- New pay rates! $2,000 Sign On/Retention Bonus for full-time employees (Pro-rated for past employees)
- Salary range: $37,500-$44,000
- Full-time or Part-time, Year-round position
- Flexible hours, great for parents of school-age children!
- School-Based Behavioral Health Program
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio: East and West side job locations available
- Paid vacation days in addition to sick and personal days, and 11 company holidays
- Performance incentive plan
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance (health insurance options available for a variety of personal situations and budgets; free health care option)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Mileage, cell phone, tuition reimbursement, and relocation assistance
- Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree, or High School Diploma with 3 years experience
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Provide education and training specific to the youth's assessed needs, abilities, and readiness to learn.
- Provide crisis management, produce daily progress notes and quarterly reviews.
- Provide services to families in their home as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Coordination of the treatment plan and on-going assessment & symptom monitoring.
- Using effective methods to establish parent communication and involve family in intervention as appropriate.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the family about the course of intervention as evidenced by the number of meetings, home visits and/or phone calls.
- Ability to demonstrate engagement, assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation with clients.
- Experience working with children and families
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of community resources and comfort in the home setting
- Skilled in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, and must have established internet access
- Ability to work with electronic medical records
- Experience working with diverse populations with complex needs, including high risk clients
- Must value diversity and inclusion
- Passion for working with families in the community
- Ability to work a rigorous schedule to handle crisis situations
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the family
- Valid Ohio driver's license with no more than 5 points
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and coordinate with various members of the client’s treatment team.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage clients and their families in meaningful intervention strategies relevant to the client’s diagnosis including but not limited to providing trauma-informed care.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess clinical safety (e.g. SAFE-T Protocol with C-SSRS; HB71, safety plans, etc.) and to execute safety planning to lower risk.
*Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer and a place where people are proud to work. As a “Trauma Informed Care” organization, we value our employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to our clients and staff. We employ the best people where staff feel valued, empowered, connected, inspired and part of something meaningful. We inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun!