We are proud to be a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace three years in a row: 2020, 2021, 2022!
?We Have a Dynamic and Inclusive Culture! Apply at www.beechbrook.org !
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio’s premier mental health agencies, is hiring several social workers/professional counselors to provide school-based mental health services to students in grades PreK-12 in the Twinsburg City School District. Services include individual student support, small and large group programming, crisis intervention, classroom support, consultation with educational staff, training for staff development, program development, and involvement in district-wide initiatives. No Medicaid or insurance billing is required. This position provides mental and behavioral health support and interventions to identified at-risk youth with social-emotional, behavioral and/or trauma-based issues. Staff work mostly during school hours and only a few evenings each year. In summer months, students and their families are served mostly in their homes or community settings. Those hired must be flexible but will work mostly with each candidate’s designated grade building (elementary, middle school, high school). Staff must also adapt quickly as pandemic-related directives come from the school district, county, state or federal government and may change throughout the school year.
The Beech Brook-Twinsburg Suburban Schools program is expanding!
- Twinsburg School-Based Program
- Full-time, year-round positions
- $4,000 sign-on bonus available (Pro-rated for past employees)
- Paid vacation days in addition to sick and personal days
- 11 company holidays; a generous incentive plan
- Health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance(health insurance options available for a variety of personal situations and budgets: free healthcare option)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Mileage, cell phone and tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance
Education and Licensure:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Professional Counseling
- Minimum of LSW/LPC, prefer LISW/LPCC
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Provide social work/counseling support via direct intervention, crisis assessment, linkage and referral to students and/or their families.
- Facilitate both intervention-based and prevention-based district and building-specific programming, potentially for all grade levels.
- Provide consultation and collaborate as a team with faculty and district administrators with student cases as well as building initiatives.
- Serve as a link between school and family for the district with effective communication via, face to face, virtual meetings, email, phone calls, and/or home or community visits.
- Provide staff development and community trainings through events and media.
- Several years of experience working with youth and families
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Knowledge of trauma responses and interventions
- Experience working with or in schools is preferred
- Experience collaborating with a variety of community agencies
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Adherence to agency guidelines regarding service delivery and documentation
- Flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of the district and/or families
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and must have established internet access
- Ability to intervene to support students’ socio-emotional, behavioral and safety needs.
- Ability to engage students, their families and school staff in support of students’ socio-emotional, behavioral, safety and academic needs.
- Ability to coordinate with community service agencies and provide referral for additional services as needed.
*Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer and a place where people are proud to work. As a “Trauma Informed Care” organization, we value our employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to our clients and staff. We employ the best people where staff feel valued, empowered, connected, inspired and part of something meaningful. We inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun!