Are you a fabulous foodie or tea aficionado? Do you enjoy food and cooking? Do you appreciate fine teas, gourmet spice blends, sugars and salts? Are you creative in the kitchen?
If you answered "YES!" to any of all of these questions, you need to come work in a fun, creative and supportive environment where it is all about spices and tea!
We are currently hiring part-time, long-term Blending & Production Specialists at The Spice & Tea Exchange® in the historic Downtown Chagrin Falls.
Scheduling & Types of Work
At The Spice & Tea Exchange we have the retail environment you experience as a guest (and we hope you’ve enjoyed visiting us before), and our shifts that are not customer facing but keep us operating. If you've walked by when we are closed, you may have seen us through the windows, working those shifts. If you wave and smile - we'll wave and smile back!
The ideal candidate is attentive to detail, reliable, self-motivated, and takes pride in their work and their workplace. It takes a bit practice and experimentation to learn what techniques work for blending, grinding, and packaging different products, but you will have help and guidance along the way. This means, the ability to take instruction and feedback is important.
This is a very rewarding job for the right person.
A The Spice & Tea Exchange® employee may be expected to:
- Maintain solid, accurate, and current product knowledge by reading applicable recipes and training materials, and attending necessary training activities.
- Follow recipes to blend our signature products.
- Peel and dehydrate citrus for our blends.
- Package products for sale by putting product in bags or jars, and sealing packaging as needed.
- Be aware of and follow all food safety guidelines to prevent cross-contamination.
- Help intake new products by matching shipment inventory to packaging list, labelling new product, and putting new product away.
- Comply with operating standards and procedures.
- Manage time to ensure tasks are completed and the workspace is clean and ready for our sales team in the morning.
- Clean work area by washing counter tops and sinks, sweeping and mopping the floor, and keeping the products well organized.
- Use back office application and thermal printer to print product labels.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working in teams.
- Kitchen or food handling experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to understand/follow priorities.
- Ability to utilize simple math skills in measuring ingredients, reading a scale, and following recipes.
- Comfortable with computers, using the internet, and printing.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time, lift boxes up to 40 pounds, and use a step stool as needed.
What to Expect
As a valued member of our team, you can expect several things from us:
- A dynamic and fun work place where you will build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Opportunities to develop and learn.
- A generous employee discount.
- Pay is based on experience and availability.
- A background check is required.
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week
Compensation: $14.00-$16.00 per hour
We create and share the experience every day! Life is better lived with a little spice.
"Creating & sharing the experience of a more flavorful life," is the mission and cornerstone of our business, in which we strive to provide guests with quality products and flavorful memories. We offer a high-quality, diverse assortment of products in a sensory shopping experience. One step into our shops will kick your senses into high-gear as you open the jars and smell, explore recipes, and speak with our knowledgeable staff about your culinary interests.
At The Spice & Tea Exchange we are committed to our mission. If you have a desire to inspire coworkers and customers, we may have a place for you at the table!