Mill & Yard Assistant
Chagrin Pet & Garden Mill & Yard Assistant
Chagrin Pet, Garden & Power Equipment is searching for a friendly, driven and hard-working individual. We are a family owned and operated business that has provided a safe and great work environment by having stable leadership, top brands, exceptional after-sales support, an experienced team and a 90-year reputation. We are a leader in our industry and need exceptional people to oversee our feed mill and yard.
- Working with a crew of 3-10.
- Follows direction from team regarding duties and goals.
- Inventory and procedure of day to day operations managing receiving, and storing products.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to customers.
- Uphold and maintain a clean and safe work environment for employees and customers.
- Perform work assigned by the Mill Manager or Front Store Manager to ensure successful operations.
- Develop product knowledge of lawn/garden, pet, wild bird and farm feeds.
- At least 2 years of team experience in a production-oriented environment, inventory management or warehouse.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- Tow motor certifications/experience preferred
- Tractor loading experience with heavy equipment preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in computer technology.
- Clean driving record.
- Part Time/Full time employment with working up to 30-40 hours a week. May need additional help in 2nd and 4th quarter. Overtime hours will be given on a need and performance base.
- Hourly pay position starting at $15 an hour (depending on experience).